A full year has passed since the Russian figure skating team’s triumph at the Olympics. Kamila Valieva, Mark Kondratyuk, Anastasia Mishina and Alexander Galliamov, Viktoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov together won gold, leaving behind athletes from other teams. That day was the happiest of their careers for all of the Russian figure skaters, and each of them remembers it with warmth in their hearts.
Trainee Eteri Tutberidze did not hold back and published a touching post dedicated to the main victory in her life.
“Today is exactly one year since we won the team event at the Beijing Olympics! It’s one of the happiest moments of my life. Unbelievable emotions after the ride and understanding that we are the first. Thanks to our team: Vika (Sinitsina), Nikita (Katsalapov), Nastya (Mishina), Sasha (Galliamov), Mark (Kondratyuk)!” – Valieva wrote on her page on the social network.
However, everyone’s joy was broken by the anger of fans, who reacted sharply to such words from the mouth of the Russian athlete. Kamila was immediately reminded of her doping case, accused of fraud and threatened that her gold medal will go to the U.S. team.
As usual, the first to speak out was the Canadian champion Megan Duhamel, who has been following the situation very closely. She is excitedly waiting for CAS and WADA to find the Russians guilty and give their awards to others:
“It’s been a year since the American and Japanese skaters didn’t get their Olympic medals, a year later they still don’t have them! I want to see a press release that the Olympic Committee and WADA are doing everything to get this situation resolved,” Duhamel wrote.
After her, negative emotions were released online by ordinary fans as well:
- Exactly one year ago, clean athletes were denied the opportunity to compete fairly in a tournament that represents the pinnacle of sportsmanship among the nations of the world. How ironic…” remarked Cristina.
- Thank you for reminding me that it’s been a year since the Olympics and the athletes who won fairly are still waiting for their medals,” said maze bean.
- Yeah, no, sweetie, your coaches did absolutely nothing to protect you after exploiting you, taking away a fair chance from every athlete who didn’t dope, and causing incredible physical and emotional damage to both the competing athletes and the spectators watching you compete on screen,” Christine’s rage was unbridled.
- I know she’s a minor and probably a victim of all of this, but she needs to reexamine reality and experience a little empathy for fellow athletes. It’s extremely disrespectful to athletes who are still without medals a year after this show,” Ai lamented.
- She’s either very ignorant, or really blind and deaf, or really defensive, or she’s been brainwashed too much to be so thick-skinned. There is no cure. No hope,” A. concluded ironically.
- So why didn’t her coaching team choose Anna Shcherbakova to participate? She would have scored the same and won the gold, but without this circus,” TD questioned.
- The gold medal looks great around your neck. Ah, wait… – the art of irony was honed by Mariana C.
- Yep, and it will soon be a year since you failed in the individual tournament,” supported her public enemy no. 1.
- You didn’t win, you cheated and got caught,” Arbers didn’t hold back.
- Show us your pills, dearie! – Sandra Johnsen was rude, too.
- Okay, you cheated with your team by doping. Your gold goes to Team USA. At least they didn’t cheat! – threatened Mickey Lover.