Tutberidze said that Tarasova interfered in Medvedeva’s preparation for the Olympic Games.
– The Olympic season starts and you start to see metamorphoses with Zhenya and her mom, you feel them drifting away from you. Someone starts to influence opinion, someone starts to influence the athlete’s behavior, and you realize that it’s someone from the outside.
Tatiana Anatolievna (Tarasova) for some reason suddenly decided to interfere in her training and advise her, not me. So dial me: come here, advise me from here. No, that’s where the advice starts from behind and the influence on the athlete begins. Anyway, it doesn’t matter.
She approached the Olympics not so sincere with us. I’ve talked about a clean tail a few times, and that’s what it was here. Not that she was a stranger, she was a little bit not with us anymore.
– This is the Olympics, she’s losing. But how can she lose? You did a miracle, she skates great after such an injury.
– She’s not skating great! Yes, maybe, after such an injury. But for her, it was practically one of the worst skates she’s had in a while.
– But she’s crying with happiness.
– She’s crying because it was a really hard last ride. It was really hard. It was not clear how to get her out of that state, out of that hysteria and everything else.
– After this Olympics there was probably the biggest Internet bomb that is possible. The fans of Zagitova and Medvedeva… what they were organizing is just an inhuman story.
– And they just accused me of leaking their correspondence. I didn’t leak the correspondence. I was asked a question because Zhenya said somewhere in the interview that we didn’t even go out to her, we didn’t try to talk to her….
It was a lie, because I tried, I wrote and wrote and called. There was a moment when I called Jeanne’s mom and said: what’s going on?
And I can hear her next to me. I knew that they went to the shooting, so I called Zhanna, because I knew that Zhenya would be near. I said, “Give me Zhenya, because she’s not picking up the phone.
She said: don’t involve me in your business, it’s your business and your squabbles. And that’s it, she hung up.
– Holy shit.
– Uh-huh. Yeah.
– Next thing we know, Brian Orser, confessions, how cool and great everything is, but basically career-ending.
– Uh, no. I think career ending – it was probably leading up to it, how many years she was in the top. It’s hard too,” Eteri Tutberidze said in an interview with Leonid Slutsky on the YouTube channel “Comment.Show”.