– What was the reason for leaving Eteri Tutberidze’s staff?
– Undoubtedly, this is a huge event for me, the main one this year. 15 years of work in a team of such a level, leaving is hard.
I am a very busy person – I already have two branches of my own choreographic studios, a lot of training camps, master classes, I’m desperately short of time. I had to skip classes. No coach would like that – and it’s logical.
I was at the away training camp and heard that I was looking for a replacement. I heard it not from the coaching staff, but from outsiders. I was offended, because it was easy for my colleagues to call and tell me about it. If they had told me directly, it would have been easier.
I felt resentment, but then I realized that everything was leading up to it. I let the situation go, and the resentment went away. You have to leave in a kind way, which is what I did – I bowed out, thanked them for everything and went my way.
There always comes a time in life when you need to move on to a new stage. We parted without problems and offenses. It is uncomfortable to let the team down. But you need to develop, spend a lot of time on your business, put all of yourself into it.
– You say that you were looking for a replacement. Perhaps it was a person in a couple, no?
– I still don’t understand the situation – did you take a second person as a full-fledged replacement or only for the time when I’m away? I’ll say it again – you could have called and said: “Alexei, there was such a situation”.
It was not at Tutberidze’s suggestion, but on the initiative of the guys who were leading the kids. It turned out kind of ugly.
– You’ve been working in the same staff for 15 years – there must have been some chemistry in your work. How did you inform Eteri Georgievna about your departure?
– We did not even seriously discuss this issue. I left and left. There were no conversations, no entanglements. Thank you for your work, bye-bye.
– Did you say goodbye to your students?
– I didn’t come to Khrustalny after that. It was a bit hard to say goodbye, I contacted my students, we hugged online and that was the end of it.
We parted very well, we love each other. They were upset, but that’s life, it happens. Everything is fine, no one holds a grudge against anyone,” said Alexei Zheleznyakov.